Tuesday, December 8, 2015

An AMAZONBASICS 4--Shelving Unit - Chrome Review Won't Answer These 9 Questions

HOW FAR APART ARE THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME? I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO STACK TOTES ON SO I DON'T HAVE TO MOVE EACH ONE TO FIND THE BOTTOM TOTE.

• Great question: they are as far apart as you want them. It's completely customizable because the unit is not pre-made. There are rings on each "leg" to help you make sure your shelves are level, you just have to make sure that you count rings correctly and place the shelf "stoppers" just so. I really love this unit - we have all our baking jars filled with flour. Each shelf is supposed to hold 350 lbs and I know they can hold at least 120!
• You can adjust the shelves to fit your needs. It's a great shelf at a great price.

WHERE CAN I GET REPLACEMENT "STOPPERS" FOR THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME? I TOOK MY UNIT APART AND LOST THE STOPPERS.

• You might be able to get help with this by contacting the Customer Service team by e-mailing: warrantyquestions@amazon.com. They go on to say, "If you choose to e-mail our Customer Service team, please include the full name of the product; the model or style, if applicable; and the URL (website address) for the product's detail page". Hopefully they can help.
• Oh also you can look up "Wire Shelving Shelf Lock Clips" on Amazon. These are exactly what you are looking for but I am just not sure of the sizing. That said, the original ones came with the shelves don't completely touch and they work.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD ANOTHER UNIT TO THE TOP OF THE FIRST ONE? ANOTHER WORDS STACK TWO TOGETHER?

• Hi. The leg supports screw in together, so except for having four extra "top" pieces (which have covers and not threaded openings) the answer is yes. But then, you will also lose some of the height because of this.
• It is a sturdy unit but I can't see how the legs would lock together. It seems that stability and safety could be compromised.
• There is no way to Stack The two units. I also don't think it would be stable enough
• It's is not possible

 ARE THE BLACK SLEEVES (PART D) SUPPOSED TO SNAP TOGETHER AROUND THE POLE? THE ONES I RECEIVED SEEM TO SMALL TO FIT ALL THE WAY AROUND THE POLE.

• Hi Heidi, I know the sleeves seem small, but here's what happens: when you place the shelf over the sleeves, the two parts come together and prevent the shelf from slipping.
• They don't quite come together. The metal holes in the shelves hold them on tight

 IS THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME HARD TO PUT TOGZETHER OR TAKE APART?

• The assembly was very easy. I'm sure the dismantleing would be just as easy. Instructions very clear, especially for my husband who does not generally put things together. He's the brain and I'm the braun, but I was out of commission at the time.
• It was pretty easy to put together. I haven't taken it apart but shouldn't be too difficult.
• Easy!

ARE THE POLES IN 2 PIECES THREADED TOGETHER, SUCH THAT I COULD SET THIS UP AS 2 SHORTER UNITS?

• You probably could but would need some type of rubber bottoms for the bottoms of the pieces from the top half. They are flat but do have the threading to screw into bottom half. Not sure it would be perfect but could work.
• Yes, you could set it up as two shorter units.

IS THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME SUITABLE FOR A GARAGE?

• I think it is. It is very sturdy. I like how study it is and looks nice because I have it in my kitchen.
• Yes, might consider how much weight you load onto shelves. It will hold a lot of weight but be careful.
• Yes - I have mine in a shed.
• Yes I have mine in my garage

 IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD WHEELS TO THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME?
• I believe you could, the upright tubes are hollow, with black plastic caps, you could probably pop those out and put in wheel casters if they came in the right size
• Yes, the feet are screwed in with a 3/8th bolt. pretty sure the "honey can do" casters will fit.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TURN THE AMAZONBASICS 4--SHELVING UNIT- CHROME AROUND SO THAT THE EDGES OF THE SHELVES HAVE A LIP?

• The small tube part of the shelf that slides over legs is slightly tapered and intended to be installed in only one direction so, no.
• Doubtful. The holes in the corner of each shelf are conical and taper as they go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment